Public Domain resources including fair use, orphan works, and the sites where works can be accessed for free and freely. Copyright/Public Domain tools/determination tools.
- Code of Ethics ALA: ALA information, free access code
- Stanford Public Domain Overview: information/rules of public domain
- Stanford: Public Domain Trouble Spots: copyright, plagiarism, and difficulties in sharing.
- Hirtle. Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States: rulings and exceptions
- Copyright Tools ALA: Information on public domain, fair use, and exemptions.
- Public Domain Calculator: calculator helping to figure what is in the public domain.
- International Public Domain: Copyright information and FAQs
- 2015 Public Domain Candidates: materials/works in the public domain
- Dear Rich Intellectual Property Blog: licenses and copyright information
- Lawrence Lessig Free Culture Ch. 1: “free culture” and creators
- The Public Domain Review: public domain websites, materials qualifying in the public domain.
- Privacy&Intellectual Property CLIR Report, Library Journal: information regarding IPR and copyright
- Public Domain & Copyright notice: 17 U.S.C. §105: Copyright notice information
- EFF: The law belongs in the public domain: law materials and the public domain article
Public Domain Works Sites:
- Smithsonian Public Domain Images
- New York Times public domain images
- Project Gutenberg
- Public Domain Audio Books
- Prelinger Archives
- Montana University collection of Public Domain Sites
- Ithaca Library Public Domain Material
- Public Resource